Tuesday 2 January 2018

What's coming up in 2018...

...... welcome to another year of blogging...


It's a new year.  That means there will be new opportunities, different challenges, new
Rose window, cathedral Tours
people to meet.  It is also an opportunity to reflect on the old year.  Last year, h
ere on James et Moi, I took you to some of my favourite places : Montbazon  Le Puy-en-Velay and  Argentat .  And 2018 will see me taking more strolls around the streets of various towns and villages in France.  Please accompany me towards the end of January, when I will be making a visit to Tours.  It is an amazing city with a fascinating history.  Later in the year I will be spending some time in Villefranche-de-Rouergue, Tence, Yssingeaux and Le Chambon.  I also have no doubt that there will be interesting little places that I happen upon by accident and that they may also feature in a post. Watch this space! 


Last year, I featured posts and interviews from guest authors and they took us to places further afield, such as Portugal with Isabella May on one occasion, the Auvergne with Marie Laval and I took some time out to visit  Edinburgh and indulge my love of the works of Robert Louis Stevenson. There will be new authors appearing on the blog in the coming year, established authors making a return and lots about books for you to enjoy.  Coming up this month, you will be meeting Carrie Ann Schless and John Jackson.  There will be lots of other author posts in the following months too.  

Last year I featured book reviews for the first time and I included my thoughts on a variety of books - not all of them fiction.  I think that, of all the books I read last year - 42 according to Goodreads -  The Unfree French and Marianne in Chains (review to feature later in the year) were the two that had the most impact.  They were both thought provoking and provided two very different viewpoints on the same period of history.  I will be continuing the reviews throughout the year.

And, as always, there will be some fab photos to illustrate the posts. I hope you will be able to join me and that you will enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment