Friday 11 December 2015

An interview with Aaron Speca


Today on my blog I put Aaron Speca under the microscope.

 

Aaron's books are available from numerous outlets, links below.


AW Hello Aaron and thank you for agreeing to be quizzed about your writing. So, what sparked your first foray into fiction?
AS In 2010, my wife and her friends convinced me to join an online role-play writing group.  This has been a surprisingly fun diversion and it what got me interested in creative writing in the first place.  This is where I learned about character and plot building.  It’s almost like an improv version of writing with a large group of writers.

AW From your books do you have a favourite character?  And if so, why?

AS My favourite character is the first one I ever wrote, who became the main male character of the two short stories I wrote with Patricia Laffoon.  Rudy is damaged but noble, completely devoted to his love Trish, sarcastic yet caring. Hopefully soon you will hear more about these characters in novel form.

AW Writing alone or writing with others – which would you say is best?

AS I actually prefer writing with others, because of how I got started.  All my works so far have been with partners.  I think it gives another perspective built into the story and I really enjoy the collaborative process.  Plus, in the publishing world, it helps me at least to feel like I am not in this adventure alone.

AW And your latest book is…

AS “Progeny of Sin: Dark Dreams” by Dawn Treadway and Aaron Speca was released in August 2015.  It is a paranormal adventure romance set in the present day.  Here is the blurb and links …

The Devil wants his due … The Daemon wants his out … and Jade just wants it all to be over. You don't always get what you want.

Jade Shear is an ordinary girl with an extraordinary ability that’s literally about to send her to Hell. When Daemons discover Jade’s power to read and manipulate others true feelings, they force her to assist with the rescue of their sibling; thrusting her from her everyday normality deep into the Underworld with the tall, dark and deliciously demonic Nias Hu’dor assigned as her guide.

All Nias wants is to live out his life without being involved with anyone else. No more emotion, no more connections, especially to pain in the ass humans. But when he sees Jade twisting a long curl of her wild red hair, and showing off the most amazing backside he’s ever been privy to; Nias just knew he was staring at a world of trouble. How could his family have enlisted him to obtain this girl's help to traverse Sheol?

This dark paranormal romance takes you from Jade’s everyday existence into the world of the Djinn Sentry; an army of demonic solders determined to protect the human race; and then plummets you straight down into the seething malevolent Underworld where a multi-levelled caste system of Shaitan and the Devil himself welcome you.

AW If you had the opportunity to spend an afternoon with any fictional character, who would it be and what would you discuss?
AS What an amazingly difficult question to answer.  Being a techno and comic book geek, I might pick someone like Tony Stark and get him to show me around his lab!  It wold undoubtedly be a fun afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment